Cranleigh STEM is looking for a Senior Control Software Engineer to join an innovative sustainability and clean energy business.
The Senior Control Software Engineer shall work within the Stack and Systems team to develop control software for fuel cell power generation systems.
The role comprises control strategy design and implementation, software testing and diagnostics development, and supporting wider system design activities such as requirements capture and compliance efforts.
The role holder will ensure software meets safety, reliability and compliance requirements and follow industry best practices for control system development of complex mechatronic/electrochemical systems.
- Develop and implement control strategies for the optimal operation of fuel cell power generation systems across product platforms.
- Implement diagnostics and monitoring capabilities for prototype systems using a combination of hardware and software technologies including calibration tools.
- Validate control software on test benches including the preparation of test cases.
- Participate in systems design activities including requirements analysis to capture functional, safety and compliance requirements.
- Actively adhere to engineering best practice software revision control, software testing, and safety-critical software development.
Education & Skills:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Control Engineering, Computer Science, or other related engineering disciplines.
- Significant experience in model-based systems development with MATLAB/Simulink/Stateflow environment and code generation to C/C++ with either TargetLink or Embedded Coder.
- Experience in control software verification and validation processes such as SIL, PIL and HIL tests to prove designs.
- Experience using version control tools, ideally git.
- Knowledge of communication bus protocols including CAN, LIN.
- Experience with functional programming such as in C/C++ and scripting in Python and MATLAB.
- Working understanding of electrical systems including batteries, power electronics, electric machines etc. as well as analog and digital electronics knowledge.
- General knowledge of functional safety and ISO 26262.
Salary: £. Competitive (DOE)
Benefits: 25 Days + Bank Holidays, Sick Pay, Pension, Life insurance scheme, Private medical expenses insurance scheme, Company's Share Option Scheme
Location: Cranleigh, Surrey
Role: Full-time, permanent
Cranleigh STEM & Sustainability is committed to promoting equality of opportunity, celebrating, and valuing diversity, and eliminating any form of unlawful discrimination across our workforce, ensuring our people are truly representative of the communities we serve. All individuals regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation are encouraged to apply for this post. As an inclusive employment agency, we are here to support you. If you have any special requirements to help you with your application, email our team.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 1712
- Posted: 18th September 2023
- Expires: 16th October 2023