CK Group are recruiting for a Research Scientist to join a global pharmaceutical company, based in Slough on a contract basis initially for 12 months.
Hourly rate: £19.38 PAYE or £26.39 Umbrella
Our client is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on creating value for people living with severe diseases in immunology and neurology now and into the future.
Slough. This is one of three global discovery research centres that include a state-of-the art pre-manufacturing tech-ops scale up facility and R&D.
Research Scientist Role:
- You will play a key role in the discovery of therapeutic monoclonal antibodies and use cutting-edge yeast display for the discovery and optimisation of human antibodies aligned with therapeutic targets.
- Use display technologies for the engineering of conventional antibody fragments.
- Perform thorough design, construction, and selections using bespoke synthetic display libraries to support in silico de novo antibody discovery and optimisation projects.
- Prepare next generation sequencing (NGS) libraries and their analyses to support antibody discovery and engineering of lead molecules
- Contribute to the development and implementation of new methodologies in antibody display and engineering.
- Educated to PhD level ideally, in the fields of molecular biology and protein biochemistry and particularly with experience of antibodies.
- Experience in biochemical techniques for the characterisation of macromolecules such as flow-cytometry, surface plasmon resonance or Bio-layer interferometry.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of in vitro display libraries for either discovery or affinity maturation.
- Skills in informatic and other computational platforms such as molecular visualisation and next generation sequencing data analysis would be very advantageous.
For more information, or to apply for this Research Scientist please contact the Key Accounts Team on 01438 870011 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote job reference 56064 in all correspondence.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Reference: 56064
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 18th September 2023
- Expires: 16th October 2023