An innovative young start-up business that has recently acquired a significant investment round is currently recruiting a Process Technician to its team based in Bourn, Cambridge. The business focuses on a natural alternative to plastic derived from plant-based proteins - a first of its kind in the industry.
Their mission is to replace the world's most polluting plastics, commonly used in everyday life using their next-generation material. As part of their process development team, you will have the opportunity to work alongside world-leading engineers and scientists who are all passionate about reaching the end goal.
As Process Technician, there is a real opportunity to contribute to the next stage in the company's growth - as they look to scale up their technology.
Process Technician responsibilities
- Provide on-site operational and technical support to the large-scale pilot plant facility.
- Pilot plant equipment maintenance.
- Championing a H&S culture through the facility.
- Running and testing pilot plant equipment.
Process Technician requirements
- Degree qualification in Chemistry, Engineering or closely related would be highly advantageous but not essential.
- Hands-on, practical experience working in a process development/innovation environment.
- Practical experience in maintaining, testing, and running large-scale pilot plant equipment.
- Pilot plant or manufacturing experience.
- Experience supporting a team of engineers translating processes from lab to manufacturing scale.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
This role will suit an ambitious Engineer, who wants to provide a real impact to their daily role with the view to progress into a leadership position in the near future.
Process Technician/Scale Up/Pilot Plant/Process Development/Maintenance/H&S/GMP
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7844
- Posted: 18th September 2023
- Expires: 16th October 2023