Organic Chemist - Advanced Materials
A growing scientific technology and innovation house based in Cambridge are in the process of expansion and are hiring for an organic chemist to join their research team.
As an organic chemist, you will be charged with accelerating the development of the next generation materials aimed at reducing C02 emissions. This will include working within a multidisciplinary team of scientists and engineers to maximise the performance of new materials, specifically working on the synthesis of thermally conductive polymers for electronics.
Some other key parts to the role will include;
- The Design, synthesis, purification, and characterisation of functionalised inorganic fillers.
- Inventing novel concepts and technical solutions that widen the company's IP
- Working exclusively on improving the performance of devices and materials.
- Designing and conducting experiments and interpreting data into meaningful conclusions.
To be considered for this role we are looking for people with strong knowledge of organic chemistry, coupled with experience in the design and successful synthesis of novel organic molecules and the role is perfect for a recent or upcoming PhD graduate. This will be a two-year fixed term contract, with a view to be made permanent thereafter, although that is not guaranteed.
In return for your hard work the company offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package as well providing excellent career progression opportunities and the chance to work on leading edge technologies.
For more information make a confidential application now and a consultant at Newton Colmore will be in touch with more details.
Newton Colmore is a specialist recruitment consultancy operating within the medical devices, Scientific Engineering, Scientific Software, Robotics, Science, Electronics Design, New Product Design, Human Factors, Regulatory Affairs, Quality Assurance and Field Service Engineering sectors throughout Europe and the US.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Newton Colmore Consulting
- Reference: ML-NC-TW-037583
Website: Newton Colmore Consulting
- Posted: 15th September 2023
- Expires: 13th October 2023