CK Group are recruiting for a Analytical Chemist on behalf of a leading provider of industrial waste management services, to be based at their site near Peterborough with a starting salary of £25,000 or higher for more experienced candidates.
Our client is a leader in the handling of industrial and household waste. The company operate multiple sites at strategic locations across the UK, and offer excellent opportunities for personal development and progression.
Analytical Chemist Role:
The main purpose of this role is to perform analysis of waste and other samples within the company to relevant accreditation standards providing technical input into method validation and development of new methodologies, both individually and as a member of a team.
Your duties will include:
- To run and maintain various instrumentation within the Laboratory, including GC-MS/FID and ICP-OES. Ensuring all work undertaken within the team complies with all relevant HSE, Quality, Regulatory and Accreditation standards (UKAS, ISO 17025).
- Extracting and clean-up of samples using various techniques.
- Calculation of results and data entry on to the LIMS system.
- Performing daily checks including balances, pipettes and instruments.
- Cleaning, reagent and sample preparation.
- Individual projects will be performed as allocated by laboratory management which will often be in relatively new fields so maintaining up to date knowledge of chemistry and the waste industry is required.
- Sampling of incoming waste streams for compliance.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 55855 in all correspondence.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Reference: 55855
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 15th September 2023
- Expires: 13th October 2023