An innovative young start-up business that has recently acquired a major investment round is currently recruiting a Microencapsulation Scientist to its team based in Cambridge. The business focuses on a natural alternative to plastic derived from plant-based proteins - a first of its kind in the industry.
Their mission is to replace the world's most polluting plastics, commonly used in everyday life using their next-generation material. As part of their R&D team, you will have the opportunity to work alongside world-leading scientists who are all passionate about reaching the end goal.
As Microencapsulation Scientist, there is a real opportunity to contribute to the global issue of plastic pollution - where your expertise will be required on key research projects.
Microencapsulation Scientist responsibilities
- Supporting the development of microcapsule products, particularly fragrance microcapsules produced by a variety of processes.
- Performing experiments to assess microencapsulate performance.
- Optimising microencapsulate formulations for specific applications.
Microencapsulation Scientist requirements
- Degree qualification in Chemistry, Material Science, Chemical Engineering, or closely relayed field of study.
- Either academic or industrial experience of microencapsulation in an R&D setting.
- Experience formulating with biopolymers and knowledge of their physical properties.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to work well in both a wider team and/or independently. Hands-on approach with excellent laboratory operating skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- An enthusiasm for sustainability and the company's mission to address plastic pollution.
- Ability to work well in a small, innovative team & start-up environment where high-level autonomy/creativity and independence are required.
- An individual with a can-do attitude who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
This role will suit an ambitious Scientist, who wants to provide an instant impact to highly complex projects - coupled with an entrepreneurial spirit.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7787
- Posted: 14th September 2023
- Expires: 12th October 2023