An opportunity has arisen for an experienced process Chemist/Eng.to work closely with synthetic organic chemists and chemical engineers in the Chemical Development Department.
• Responsible for developing and demonstrating commercially viable, multi-step, organic syntheses for the manufacture of small-molecule advanced intermediates and active pharmaceutical ingredients.
• Supporting process development through laboratory development, pilot plant scale-up and technology transfer to third party manufacturing facilities.
• Carry the identification, development, and deployment of new instrumentation and automation technologies to support drug substance process development with specific focus in the areas of reaction engineering/catalysis, separations, crystallization and chemical analysis.
The successful candidate will have a degree or PhD in chemical engineering or chemistry with 3-5 years’ experience in API or fine chemical process development.
The applicant will possess a good understanding of chemistry and chemical engineering fundamentals; and knowledge of modern laboratory instrumentation such as HPLC, GC, FTIR, Raman, FBRM, DSC, TGA, XRPD.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential and also, the ability to interact, and collaborate within an interdisciplinary team environment.To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: ST Recruitment
- Contact: Sam
- Phone: 01737241823
- Reference: BM-06
Website: ST Recruitment
- Posted: 14th September 2023
- Expires: 12th October 2023