Senior Bioinformatician - Genomics
Newton Colmore is working with a life sciences innovator in Norwich, and we are assisting them with their search for a senior bioinformatician to join their research team. Because we are searching for a bioinformatician with highly specific skills, the role is open on seniority, and we are considering scientists that have recently finished a PhD, all the way to senior level.
In this exciting new role, you will be developing complex bioinformatic algorithms, databases and tools that will have a direct effect on future research and development programmes. You will be working alongside data engineers, molecular biologists, and genomics experts as a part of a multidisciplinary team, reporting directly to the head of bioinformatics.
As a bioinformatician in this team, you will be working on your own projects, and taking charge of them from start to finish and your main responsibilities will be;
- Design and develop accurate and scalable computational pipelines for the annotation and analysis of genomes across a diverse range of species.
* Continuinally develop existing pipelines and annotation tools
* Develop tools to support pan-genome analysis and annotation of alternative haplotypes
We are looking for scientists who have developed code in Python coupled with experience in bioinformatics. This will need to be complemented with a proficiency in UNIX systems and knowledge of genomics.
This will be on a three-year fixed term contract basis.
For more information, make an application now and a member of our team at Newton Colmore will be in touch with more detail.
Newton Colmore is a highly specialist recruitment consultancy that offers tailored solutions to the biotech, drug discovery, and medical devices markets across the US and the UK.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Newton Colmore Consulting
- Reference: ML-NC-LL-847223
Website: Newton Colmore Consulting
- Posted: 14th September 2023
- Expires: 12th October 2023