Development Chemist required, based in Warrington. Requiring a degree in Chemistry, Polymer Science (or similar) and proven industrial experience of developing industrial coatings or paints.
Title: Development Chemist
Salary: £32,000 - £38,000 (dependent on experience)
SRG are working with a global chemical manufacturer who are leaders in several speciality and high-performance chemical markets. Due to expansion, they are now hiring for a Development Chemist to join the Technical Team, supporting the Applications Development Manager in developing and delivering new products for the Coatings sector. This newly created role offers an excellent opportunity to take ownership and have autonomy of developing both new and existing coatings, with the successful candidate being able to make a huge impact on the business. Candidates with proven industrial experience of coating development are encouraged to apply, with a full range of experience considered including both water and solvent based coatings. Experience with polyurethanes, epoxies and acrylates is highly desirable.
Benefits: A forward-thinking business with lots of recent investment into their laboratory facilities. 27 days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays. 37.5 working hours, 8.30am to 4.30pm (flexible), Monday to Friday. Excellent pension scheme, private health care, Cycle to Work and tech scheme.
Role / Description
- Developing new and existing coating products
- Preparing and characterizing solvent and waterborne coatings compositions
- Evaluating new and experimental substrates in new product development studies
- Preparing technical reports, and to present technical information in a clear and concise manner in cross functional team meetings
- Supporting in the day-to-day operations of the Coatings laboratory including scheduling, maintaining stock levels and ensuring continuous operation of laboratory equipment
- A degree in Chemistry, Polymer Science or similar
- Proven industrial experience of developing industrial coatings or paints
- Experience of polyurethanes, epoxies and acrylates is highly desirable
- Experience of analytical, physical and application testing of coatings.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Annie on 0161 526 1903.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
Keywords:chemistry, chemist, development, coating, new product development, npd, formulation, paint, water based, solvent based, waterborne, polyurethane, epoxy, epoxies, acrylates.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: BBBH135183
- Posted: 14th September 2023
- Expires: 12th October 2023