Location: London or Manchester (If working in Manchester, candidate will have to travel to London on a regular basis.) Hybrid working, 3 days a week in the office and 2 remote.
Pay rate: £300 - £500 per day PAYE
Duration: 9 months (Likely to be extended)
Hours: 40 hours per week
• UK VAT expert to support the UK VAT advisory team on both on-going business activities carried out in the UK and some new initiatives, with occasional Pan-EU Retail Business projects.
• The contractor must have a demonstrable VAT experience with global consulting firm(s), law firm(s) or blue chip commercial organisations: a minimum of 6.5 years with robust UK VAT technical skills.
• Contractor will be part of a team of 15+ VAT experts with country specific roles.
• Immediate team – focused on UK is 2 people + this person.
• The contractor would be sitting with the UK VAT Team (part of the EMEA VAT Planning Consumer Team) and would interact with members of the tax department and local business partners.
• Recognised professional tax qualification, chartered accountant or relevant law degree.
In-depth VAT technical knowledge (on both UK and cross-border VAT, with a post-Brexit exposure)
• Excellent English, verbal and written, language skills.
• Previous experience in the Retail and/or e-commerce sectors, including product UK VAT liability determination, would be desirable
- Agency: Cpl Life Sciences
- Reference: JO-2309-522678
Website: Cpl Life Sciences
- Posted: 13th September 2023
- Expires: 11th October 2023