CK Group are currently recruiting for a Laboratory Technician to join a leading materials development company at their site in Cheshire on a full time, permanent basis.
This role offers a salary of £20,000 with scope to go slightly higher depending on experience.
Responsible for supporting the R&D and production teams by helping to provide safe, smooth running and well organised facilities and services. You will be expected to communicate internally and with suppliers to ensure equipment and chemicals are available for use as required.
- Packaging and labelling of shipments to dispatch to internal and external customers, manufacturing partners and suppliers
- Monitoring/maintaining chemicals, solvents, packaging, PPE and consumables supplies
- Dispense solvent into solvent vessels and move into lab to meet usage requirements.
- Carrying out maintenance, calibration and standardisation of equipment.
- Work to ISO9001 procedures.
- Support the R&D and production chemists by coordinating with suppliers and external workshops to get equipment maintained or repaired
- Maintaining a clean working environment.
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- A-level or HNC/HND qualifications in chemistry or relevant science subject.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good IT skills (Microsoft Office, Email and Internet).
- Ability to plan ahead and prioritise and address forthcoming issues.
- A relevant shipping qualification, experience of chemical handling, experience of working in an ISO9001 or similar regulated environment or trained forklift truck driver experience is desirable but not essential.
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free parking
- Life insurance
- Referral programme
- Wellness programme
- Bonus scheme
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 56003 in all correspondence.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Reference: 56003
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 13th September 2023
- Expires: 11th October 2023