Materials Science Specialist ? (German Speaking)
Contract ? 12 months
Location ? Basel
Business unit ? Particle Engineering
Rate CHF 35.94 - 45 per hour
Perform scientific studies to support the appropriate selection, development and characterization of new salt and polymorphic forms for active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs).
- Performs scientific small scale screening studies for the selection of new salt and polymorphic forms.
- Characterize products with wet chemistry and solid-state analytical methods.
- Document experimental procedure and observations and provide raw data evaluation and interpretation of routine analytical results.
- Optimize existing methods and procedures, reproduce, and follow published and established methods.
- Operate / utilize special equipment in screening, lab automation, scale-up technologies, and analytics.
- Schedule and perform routine maintenance of instruments/equipment if feasible.
- Actively supports the transfer of procedures within the department.
- Recognizes and communicates experimental issues. Provides input on deviations and unexpected results from experiments.
- Actively performs simple safety and literature searches under direction of relevant and experienced team members.
- Keeps record of lab chemicals, intermediates, excipients, and solvents within own area of responsibility.
- Collaborates with other team members to facilitate deliverables.
- Participates in knowledge exchange.
- Ensures all own activities are aligned with overall drug development process.
- Works according to appropriate SOPs, GMP, GLP, QM, HSE, ISEC & Novartis Guidelines.
- Lab Technician with experience or equivalent educational background e.g. HTL or FH in the field of Analytics, Chemistry, Physical Chemistry.
- Fluent in site-language German.
- Basic knowledge of English (oral and written) desirable.
- Exact and efficient laboratory work.
- Deep understanding of HSE requirements and safe and conscious work in laboratory environment.
- Experience in modern analytical techniques
- Experience in solid state analytics or crystallisation of solids desirable.
- Experience with handling of ?highly active? compounds as well as qualification of analytical equipment desirable.
- Motivated to work in project teams and with colleagues from other functions and disciplines.
- Knowledge in Data and Digital aspects desirable
- Timely, exact and adequate documentation of experiments and observations.
- Efficient planning of experiments and analytical activities.
- Timely delivery of results.
- No HSE incident.
- All experiments finalized (signed) in eln within given timeframe after completion.
- Adhere to agreed upon experimental parameters.
For further details, please contact Rudo Urayayi on +44(0)1727 817 616 or email a copy of your CV to email@example.com
- Agency: Achieva Group Limited
- Reference: RU-170
Website: Achieva Group Limited
- Posted: 12th September 2023
- Expires: 10th October 2023