Title: Team Leader - Formulation & Fill Finish
Location: North East of England, Middlesbrough
Employment Type: Permanent
Salary: £34,000 - £55,000
We are currently looking a Formulation Team Leader to join a highly innovative biopharmaceutical organization, tasked with bringing the UK at the forefront of innovation across a wide range of scientific sectors. Joining a busy well-established team, the main responsibility of the Team Leader will be to provide technical expertise to a range of projects, as well as contribute to the ongoing development and improvement of the team.
The main duties and responsibilities will include:
- To undertake line manager activities to ensure the smooth running of the team (<5 reports) as well as ongoing coaching, mentoring, and developing.
- Design and develop formulation screens to identify optimal excipients for biologic product stability and activity.
- Perform analytical characterisation of biopharmaceuticals to confirm performance.
- To build and maintain relationships with a range of external stakeholders, customers, partners, research organization and authorities.
- Work collaboratively with other teams (business development, bid proposal, technical managers, project managers etc.) and ensure delivery to an agreed schedule where appropriate.
The successful Team Leader will hold a degree (or equivalent experience) in a scientific/engineering principle and will hold significant industrial experience, and will preferably have supervisory or management experience.
They will also have comprehensive experience of biologics formulation and fill-finish activities, and have experience with analytical techniques, including but not limited to: UPLC/HPLC, sub-particle analysis, ELISA, qPCR, SDS-PAGE, cIEF, etc.
Interested? Or know someone who will be?
SRG are the UK number 1 recruitment company specialising in the science, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, renewable, biotech, chemicals and medical devices sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you are interested in this role and require more information, please contact Behruz Sheikh on 0161 868 2202 or email
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: BBBH133757
- Posted: 12th September 2023
- Expires: 10th October 2023