CK Group are recruiting for a Senior Scientist / Laboratory Manager to join a diagnostics company based in Birmingham on a permanent basis.
Our client are an emerging biotech company utilising the latest medical advances in biomarkers and treatment to detect, measure and treat numerous medical conditions.
They offer the opportunity to be part of a motivated and highly impactful applied research and development team with a competitive compensation package and participation in an equity incentive scheme.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading, mentoring and optimising biological biomarker assay development in an industry laboratory
- Implementation of good, orderly experimental design and qPCR optimization (curve review, data outcome evaluation, reliability and repeatability, trouble shooting)
- Design and direction of in vitro diagnostic product development
- Quality system management implementation and ongoing compliance
- CE mark/FDA approval compliance
- Proactive procurement, budgeting and strategic planning skills.
To be considered for the position, you should ideally have the following skills and expertise:
- Demonstrated team leadership skills, or aspirational team leader able to independently manage, direct and motivate an applied research and assay development lab team in real time
- Excellent nucleic acid manipulation experience, with demonstrated ability to direct and manage a lab receiving samples, analysing through qPCR, quality control and outcome report generation in a production environment
- Deep understanding of molecular biology, associated NGS and qPCR instrumentation optimization
- Clinical/analytical lab experience in rigorous product and assay development, including setting up assays, validating and implementing them in an industry laboratory
- Clear concise reporting skills
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 56039 in all correspondence.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Reference: 56039
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 8th September 2023
- Expires: 6th October 2023