An exciting opportunity has arisen for a development engineer to join a revolutionary clean energy business at its state-of-the-art facility in Surrey. As a development engineer you will be part of a highly motivated and dynamic team of engineers working on building and testing protypes for the next generation of clean energy solutions.
To be successful you should hold a relevant engineering or scientific degree (chemical, mechanical or process engineering, chemistry, metallurgy) and ideally possess previous commercial experience working in a technical, process or development engineering environment.
If you have experience working with catalysts or pressured gasses this would be highly advantageous.
Development Engineer Key Responsibilities:
- Identify, Design, Develop, Build, and test prototype sub-assemblies that meet the fundamental engineering requirements.
- Work in collaboration with the design and process engineering to design and build test rigs, reactors, scrubbers, gas processing units as well as evaluating potential new areas of technology that we could integrate into next generation products.
- Be well versed in prototype system safety, codes, and standards, to ensure that they are a foundation of your designs & experimentation.
- Be responsible for the specification and procurement of parts, pumps, and pipes from concept to prototype operating systems.
- Develop innovative and novel concepts with high value IP while considering freedom to operate.
Development Engineer Skills and requirements:
- Hold a relevant engineering or scientific degree (chemical, mechanical or process engineering, chemistry, metallurgy)
- Ideally possess previous commercial experience working in a technical, process or development engineering environment.
- Experience working with catalysts or pressured gasses this would be highly advantageous.
- Practical Hands-on skills relating to prototyping, assembling, and testing.
- Understanding of physical failure methods and approaches to root cause analysis.
- Good grasp of design verification approaches and ability to define suitable test methods.
- Able to present findings to senior management for accurate and timely decision making.
Salary: £. Competitive
Benefits: Company Performance Bonus (Discretionary) - 25 Days Holiday + Banks - Life insurance & private medical expenses insurance scheme (Available after 3-month probation)
Hours: 8.30am until 5.00pm Monday to Friday
Role: Full Time, Permanent
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7387
- Posted: 7th September 2023
- Expires: 5th October 2023