We are currently looking for a Bioinformatician to join a leading anti-microbial research company based in the London area. As the Bioinformatician you will be responsible for developing pipelines for the company's industry-leading research; helping to build surveillance networks to detect different pathogens that are mutating to be less and less effected by antibiotics.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Bioinformatician will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will work together with the rest of the computational team to manipulate raw data to develop pipelines that will enable the team to track disease outbreaks using established genomic data.
2. You will be maintaining records of established genetic datasets for various pathogens, whilst creating some libraries of new pathogenic genetic material to enhance the team's understanding of lesser-known, or newly emerging diseases.
3. You will contribute to the development of the company's leading software that can generate rapid diagnostics of new strains.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Bioinformatician we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. PhD in Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, or a microbiology discipline with a strong computational element.
2. Proven experience within microbiology, prokaryotic DNA and phylogeny.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with developing pipelines in a preferred language (python/R).
Key Words: python, bioinformatics, phylogenetics, anti-microbial, mutations, genetics
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Reference: J5638424
Website: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 5th September 2023
- Expires: 3rd October 2023