We are currently working with an exciting start-up company based in Saffron Walden that is working on bringing to market a high-density, low-cost energy storage application. The team is now recruiting for a Lab Technician to join its team on a permanent basis - providing key support to the R&D group and operating specialist machinery for pilot scale-up duties.
Lab Technician responsibilities
- Preparation of chemical solutions & routine production of polymers to defined SOPs (Research and pilot scale).
- Preparation of raw materials.
- Construction and testing of electrochemical cells & cell stacks.
- Operation of key pieces of pilot-scale machinery.
- Ensuring said machinery is properly looked after, maintained, and calibrated.
- Ensuring that stocks of key laboratory consumables are properly monitored and reporting issues to the lab. manager.
- Ensuring that the highest standards of H&S and laboratory housekeeping are always maintained.
- Providing support to defined R&D projects, as directed by the Laboratory Manager.
- Contributing towards the culture of continuous improvement in the labs and engaging in technical/scientific discussions with senior staff.
Lab Technician requirements
- Degree qualification or HNC/HND/Level 3 credentials in a scientific/engineering discipline.
- Careful, methodical approach to material preparation and testing, experience with / understanding of the scientific method.
- Willingness to learn new techniques.
- Tidy, organised approach to record-keeping.
- Good IT knowledge, and experience in using MS Office and similar applications.
- Experience with wet chemistry techniques, use of chemical analysis equipment (IR / UV-Vis etc.), and/or operating pilot scale machinery in an engineering environment would be desirable.
- Understanding of workplace H&S (ideally in a laboratory context) & knowledge of 5S and other continuous improvement tools would be desirable.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a fast-growing business, working on ground-breaking technology. £28k + benefits.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7836
- Posted: 4th September 2023
- Expires: 2nd October 2023