An innovative young start-up business that has recently acquired a major round of investment is currently recruiting for a Business Development Manager for its team based in Cambridge. The business focuses on a natural alternative to plastic, stemming from plant-based protein - a first-of-its-kind in the industry. As Business Development Manager, you manage interactions with potential customers in the specialty chemicals market - acting as a bridge between the internal product development team & client.
The ideal candidate will be BSc/MSc level qualified in Chemistry or closely related, coupled with account management/business development experience gained in the chemicals/polymer industry.
Business Development Manager Responsibilities
- Identifying new key applications and markets for the company's materials as replacements for specialty polymers and petrochemicals.
- Building relationships with key client stakeholders.
- Working with the commercial team to develop commercial priorities.
- Coordinating relationships with development partners and potential customers, managing relationships through customer testing and validation, tender and procurement, and initial product sales.
- Acting as a bridge between the product development team and customers.
- Researching, developing, and mapping potential markets and applications.
- Representing the company with media and events, working with the PR agency and other consultancies on communications.
Business Development Manager Requirements
- Degree qualification in Chemistry or a closely related field of study. Business qualifications are also accepted.
- Direct business development/account management experience gained in the chemical or polymers industry.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work well with a highly technical team of Scientists & Chemical Engineers.
- An enthusiasm for sustainability and addressing the global issue of plastic pollution.
- The right fit for a small, science-led, innovative team and a high level of autonomy, creativity, and independence.
- Possesses a 'can-do' attitude and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
The company can provide a huge opportunity to work with industry-leading businesses and to work with ground-breaking technology. There is real scope for rapid career development and growth for the right individual.
£45k-60k + shares
Business Development Manager/CRM/Bioplastics/Sustainability/Polymers/Speciality Chemicals
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7835
- Posted: 4th September 2023
- Expires: 2nd October 2023