CK Group are recruiting for a highly motivated Senior Development Scientist with industry laboratory experience, and an understanding in molecular and cellular immunology, to join an early-stage biotechnology company on a permanent basis. This will be a fully on-site role near Glasgow.
Well backed biotechnology company developing a portfolio of Autoimmune and Anti-Viral therapies
Further strengthening the team you will be responsible for providing scientific leadership, mentoring staff and planning and coordinating the activities within the team as well as contributing to shape the company?s scientific strategy. An exciting opportunity to play a key role in propelling the company forward driving the preclinical development of therapeutic molecules, and building novel biological assays to help establish the discovery platform.
- Identifying and establishing a suite of assays for screening and validating clients lead molecules
- Working with CROs to design studies, ensure effective completion and on-time reporting.
- Presenting progress updates and results in internal and external meetings.
- Coordinating the activities of the team to complete critical-path assays and presenting results for internal and external stakeholders.
- MSc or PhD in a relevant discipline plus 6 years + industry biotech experience in an R&D role.
- Proficient in optimising and validating molecular biology approaches, including qPCR, cloning and transcriptomic array analysis.
- Significant experience in cell culture, including cell lines, PBMCs and primary tissue cells.
- Experience in protein biophysical analysis, including ELISA, SPR & structural modelling.
- Worked to GLP including preparing study plans and reports for review and auditing.
- Experience in managing CROs & scientific collaborations
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. For more information please quote reference 56018 in all correspondence.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Reference: 56018
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 1st September 2023
- Expires: 29th September 2023