CK Group are recruiting for a Development Chemist to join a chemicals manufacturing company at their site based in Rochdale on a full time, permanent basis.
Our client manufactures well-known brands for the automotive aftermarket and they pride themselves on innovation, quality and diversity. With over 25,000 product lines, they service a variety of customers that operate in the automotive aftermarket and also trade and household sectors.
They now have an opportunity for an experienced chemist or technologist to join the Research and Development team in a new, state of the art development laboratory.
The company offers a salary in the range of up to £28,000 depending on experience.
Working hours are 35 hours per week with 33 days holiday per year.
The R&D Chemist will be based at the company's site in Rochdale, easily commutable from surrounding areas.
Your main duties will be to communicate at all levels, provide technical support to Sales, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Quality and Marketing, understanding customers? needs, and resolving these problems as they arise.
Further duties will include:
- Driving the formulation and development of new products, especially in the lubricants & automotive fluids area.
- Developing new and improved test methods to improve formulations etc.
- Liaison with suppliers to achieve best performance with modern raw materials.
- Supporting Sales, Marketing & Export functions in the provision of information for customers.
- Helping Production/ Operations to resolve plant problems as they arise.
- Specification checking on products and testing/ report writing on benchmark products.
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Ideally degree level qualification in Chemistry
- Industry experience - essential; either of formulating and developing products outside of the pharmaceutical sector, or experience gained in the oils & lubricants market (e.g. in QC) with a desire to move into development
- Previous experience and knowledge of automotive & industrial oils a distinct advantage
- Experience of chemical analysis would be advantageous e.g. FT-IR, XRF, ICP etc.
- Experience of working with FMCG or industrial chemical products in a lab/ customer environment would also be an advantage
- Ability to work on multiple projects and issues simultaneously to meet deadlines
- UK Driving Licence - essential
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 55941 in all correspondence.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Reference: 55941
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 31st August 2023
- Expires: 28th September 2023