CK Group are recruiting for a highly motivated lab-based Research Scientist in Mass Spectrometry to join a leading biopharmaceutical company in Cambridge.
A global research biotechnology organisation focused on therapeutic areas in inflammation diseases, neurology and immunology. The successful candidate will be part of the wider Biophysics team and will focus on the development and application of mass spectrometry-based assays to characterise membrane proteins in support of the drug discovery pipeline.
With appropriate training, the successful candidate will be expected to work independently and will be responsible for the design, performance, analysis and interpretation of various mass spectrometry experiments. They will also be involved in support activities to enable the smooth running of the laboratory.
- PhD (or MSc + 2 years industrial experience) with a degree in Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biophysics, or a related field with emphasis in mass spectrometry.
- Hands-on experience in sample preparation and handling for various quantitative and qualitative MS analyses, particularly LC-MS.
- Experience in HPLC method development.
- Development and validation of mass spectrometry methods for the quantitation of peptides and small molecules using SRM and/or PRM.
- Hands-on experience with intact mass and native MS analysis of proteins.
- Experience in protein preparation and handling for structural MS studies.
- Experience in developing and performing structural MS analysis (e.g. HDX).
- Good understanding of protein purification and characterisation. Prior experience of working with membrane proteins would be a plus.
- Proteomics experience including database search and preparation of samples from in-gel digests.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 56010 in all correspondence.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Reference: 56010
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 30th August 2023
- Expires: 27th September 2023