Role: Senior Compliance Manager
Duration: Approx 6 x months
Location: London (2-3 days per week required in the office, the rest is working remote)
PayRate: £400.00 - £450.00 Daily
We are working with one of the world’s largest e-Commerce companies and they are on the lookout for a Senior Compliance Manager for an exciting contract position they have.
We are looking for an ambitious and experienced Compliance professional to join our EU S.a.r.l. UK (AEU UK) Compliance team. The Senior Compliance Manager is responsible for leading compliance of the company insurance distribution activity in line with FCA requirements.
The Senior Compliance Manager will lead the insurance Compliance team, providing regulatory oversight and approval for new programs, providing expert advice to senior audiences and supporting strategy design with regulatory input.
This opportunity requires a subject matter expert to lead a fast-paced, growing team. You will find champion customer outcomes and use your extensive knowledge of the industry and regulatory horizon to ensure sustainable, compliant solutions are formed. You will comfortably handle ambiguity, and provide pragmatic challenge to senior colleagues, peers and leadership and you are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and dive into the details. You think outside of the box, coming up with solutions in times of ambiguity.
About the team:
AEU UK Compliance is an ambitious, growing team of professions who are passionate about supporting the company grow in a compliant and scalable way. We are an innovative group that challenge each other to ensure we maintain high standards and enjoy internal debate to make sure we keep our core values at the forefront of how we work.
Key job responsibilities:
• Second-line ownership of UK insurance compliance, including offering expert advice on insurance regulation (ICOBS), upholding high standards of conduct throughout the business
• Oversee new product launches by approving compliance requirements, ensuring design aligns with customer and regulatory expectations
• Design education and training programmes to ensure stakeholders are up to date with regulatory expectations including FCA conduct rules and financial promotions standards
• Champion the FCA Conduct and Consumer duty rules, acting as a senior point of contact for leadership to seek advice and challenge from
• Own core compliance policies and processes, ensuring they underpin processes within business practices to ensure customer outcomes remain a primary factor in decision making
• Lead regulatory reporting, ensuring regulatory returns are submitted accurately and on time
• Develop a team of regulatory subject matter experts by introducing a high-bar of minimum standard of regulatory expertise
• Oversee day-to-day compliance activity of your team, assuming ownership of any risk materialisation and escalations that risk non-compliance
• Provide regular reporting to senior leadership on compliance status of overall insurance propositions
• Coordinate SMCR deliverables across AEU UK
Skills and attributes to be successful:
• Subject matter expertise of FCA Insurance Conduct of Business Regulation (ICOBS) is essential (6+ Years)
• A successful track record of delivering advice at both an operational and strategic level, considering wider regulatory focus and market risks
• Desire to learn and be curious, exploring why and how things are done and challenging the status-quo
• Excellent team player with the ability to work closely with others to deliver results, identify and resolve issues; shares information and keeps team members and management informed
• Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workload and manage various tasks simultaneously.
• Exceptional communication
• Experience in developing and managing compliance professionals is preferred but not essential
It would be beneficial if you had:
• Previous experience in Complaints Handing (DISP) and Senior Management and Certification Regime (SMCR)
- Agency: Cpl Life Sciences
- Reference: JO-2305-516899
Website: Cpl Life Sciences
- Posted: 26th May 2023
- Expires: 23rd June 2023