The key responsibility of this exciting new role for an international leader is to manage laboratory systems including
- Coordinating storage stability testing of products under development
- Laboratory equipment maintenance
- Logging in, tracking and COSHH assessment of samples
- Database management; helping to maintain safety standards
- Ordering of raw materials and consumables
- Support global sampling by preparing and dispatching samples for use in regulatory trials and field studies in accordance with relevant transport regulations.
- The technician will support the development and testing of new products undertaken by the formulation scientists and chemists and will interact closely with them to ensure that all formulation data is generated to the appropriate international standards.
Skills and Experience required
- HNC or Degree in natural science or business with science, formulation chemistry, biochemistry, economics or agriculture focus, or a science related field.
- Previous laboratory experience required, ideally with some previous systems management
- Ability to work in a global, cross functional team
- Laboratory equipment maintenance, shipping and cross-cultural communication experience is a strong benefit
- Strong process and project management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office software expected.
- Fluency in English (verbal and written) is essential for this position.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: BBBH130279
- Posted: 26th May 2023
- Expires: 23rd June 2023