CK Group are recruiting for a Graduate Chemist to work in a technical support function with a chemicals manufacturing company at their site based in Derby on a full time, permanent basis.
Our client is an expanding manufacturer of cleaning and decontamination products. They now have a vacancy for a Chemist to join their team and will consider a chemistry graduate or someone with industry experience. Reporting to the Technical Director, the successful candidate will undertake technical work in product development and related areas comprising both QC and R&D. The company offers £22,000-£26,000pa depending on experience as well as 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, private healthcare, pension and perk box.
The Chemist will be based at the company's site in Derby, easily commutable from surrounding areas including Nottingham, Loughborough, Belper, Ashbourne, Burton and Ashby.
Your main duties will be to:
- Carry out all work in accordance with the QMS, to agreed timelines and specifications
- Perform Technical Service work as requested and communicate results effectively with colleagues and customers
- Process samples in connection with technical service activities, record and report results as appropriate
- Undertake training in the manufacturing QC function and understand the role. Deputise for QC chemists if required
- Carry out R&D work in accordance with project plans. Maintain documentation and records according to procedures. This work includes new product developments, product improvements, evaluation of new and alternative raw materials and work on technical improvements in production processes and QC procedures
- Represent the department at meetings as required. Produce and present data on projects and test results
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Degree or equivalent in chemistry or a related discipline
- Ideally, relevant industrial experience
- Knowledge and experience in chemical formulation preferred
- Perseverance, patience and attention to detail
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 55569 in all correspondence.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Reference: 55569
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 24th May 2023
- Expires: 21st June 2023