A market-leading materials testing business based in Leatherhead is recruiting a Senior Technical Specialist to join its materials testing (packaging) team on a permanent basis. As Senior Technical Specialist, you will play a vital role in providing technical leadership/knowledge to meet customer requirements - whilst having the ability to build effective working relationships with external clients.
Senior Technical Specialist responsibilities
- To provide technical leadership and high-quality practical science to meet customer expectations and business performance targets.
- To build effective working relationships with external clients and identify new business development opportunities.
- To prepare external proposals and reports of some complexity to the highest standard.
- To mentor less experienced team members, disseminating technical knowledge and expertise.
- Keep abreast of current scientific advancements relevant to the business and expand the knowledge base of Package Testing. Disseminate this knowledge as appropriate.
- Ensuring that the relevant quality accreditation and regulations are maintained and followed through full procedural compliance.
Senior Technical Specialist requirements
- Degree-level qualification in a scientific or engineering discipline.
- Proven experience working in an ISO 17025 physical testing laboratory.
- Experience working in a packaging-related technical support role.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to compile technical reports.
- Experience interacting with customers and clients.
£50k-£55k + excellent company benefits
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7744
- Posted: 23rd May 2023
- Expires: 20th June 2023