Cranleigh STEM is recruiting a principal process engineer to join an innovative clean energy business at its state-of-the-art facility in Surrey.
You will work as part of a cross-functional, highly motivated, dynamic, and rapidly growing team of engineers & scientists to develop and produce hydrogen fulling solutions and fuel cell systems.
The Company has entered an exciting growth phase and is scaling up its operational capacity to meet the demand for its zero-emission systems. They are looking for enthusiastic and industrious Engineers to help deliver the company's long-term success.
This role is focused on the ammonia cracking and methanol-reformer systems to provide the hydrogen for the fuel cells.
- Design and optimise new plants and systems.
- Working with the development team to analyse test results.
- Working with suppliers to specify and customise solutions, including procurement.
- Analysing experimental data to produce full-scale plants.
- Troubleshooting, de-bottlenecking & improving reliability.
- Costing, budgeting, and calculating consumption rates and running costs.
- Minimum of a degree qualification in Chemical or Process Engineering.
- Proven experience working in a relevant industry with considerable transferable skills.
- Preferably chartered or working towards chartership.
- Experience of FEED (P&IDs, Datasheets, Calculations).
- Experience of Detailed Design.
- Control Logic and associated documents
- Ammonia Crackers
- Methanol Reformers
- Balance of plant.
- Tubework (<1" line size)
- Gas Scrubbers
- Skid mounted systems
- Containerised systems
- HAZID and HAZOP
- ATEX & Hazardous area zoning
- Commissioning & System integration
- Simulation (Aspen+ / Hysys)
Salary: £. Competitive (DOE)
Benefits: 25 Days + Bank Holidays, Remote Working, Sick Pay, Pension, Life insurance scheme, Private medical expenses insurance scheme, Company's Share Option Scheme
Location: Cranleigh, Surrey
Role: Full-time, permanent
Cranleigh STEM & Sustainability is committed to promoting equality of opportunity, celebrating, and valuing diversity, and eliminating any form of unlawful discrimination across our workforce, ensuring our people are truly representative of the communities we serve. All individuals regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation are encouraged to apply for this post. As an inclusive employment agency, we are here to support you. If you have any special requirements to help you with your application, email our team.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7737
- Posted: 19th May 2023
- Expires: 16th June 2023