European Sales Manager required for a UK based chemicals manufacturer, supplying to global markets, to drive their European market share
European Sales Manager
Europe nation (remote working)
Competitive (depends on your experience, location, and your salary expectations - they are flexible)
Industry: Foam control agents, greases and lubricants, surface coatings, emulsions and other specialist chemical solutions
SRG are working with a highly successful UK-based speciality chemical manufacturer, who supply their products globally. The company is part of a larger, multinational group of companies with a diversified portfolio of global chemicals manufacturers. They need a European Sales Manager to drive their market share throughout the European territory, and to drive their direct-to-customer business and thereby reduce their reliance on chemicals distributors. You must have the willingness and ability to frequently travel anywhere in the European region.
Benefits: Competitive salary with a performance (individual and company) related annual bonus, and a 10% pension contribution WITHOUT ANY (0%) employee contribution.
23 days holiday (increasing with length of service) plus statutory bank holidays.
HYBRID/ REMOTE working - awarding you the ability to be based anywhere in Europe.
Salary is negotiable to take into account the country in which you live.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- Reporting to our head of international sales, they will develop and execute sales strategies in Europe
- Identify and engage with potential clients, building and nurturing strong, long-lasting relationships
- Conduct market research to identify new business opportunities, emerging markets, market shifts, monitor competitors, and stay up-to-date with industry trends.
- Provide product information and technical support to customers, and to represent the company effectively with a comprehensive knowledge of company products
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure smooth order processing and delivery.
- ~ 10 years of experience in sales at a specialty chemical manufacturer, preferably in the anti-foam or surfactants industry
- Ideally come from a chemistry and technical background, as you will need to pick up the technical product information quickly
- Proven track record of achieving sales targets and driving business growth
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build rapport with clients
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills, with excellent ability to influence
- Willingness to travel within Europe as required
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively, please email a copy of your CV to For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Raffa on 0161 888 2517. If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies. If you know of someone else who may be interested in this role, please do pass on my details.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: Chemicals, sales, strategy, Europe, business development, commercial, market share, strategic, customer service, influencing, negotiation, surfactants, anti-foam, lubricants, silicone emulsions, coatings, speciality chemicals, organisational, customer relationships, presentation, chemistry
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: BBBH129825
- Posted: 19th May 2023
- Expires: 16th June 2023