Cranleigh STEM are recruiting a senior mechanical design engineer for an innovative, clean tech start-up on a full-time, permanent basis.
My client has developed a sustainable recycling technology for speciality materials and is looking for a self-motivated senior mechanical design engineer who possesses in-depth knowledge of mechanical systems, capable of designing assemblies and solid modelling for additive manufacturing processes.
The successful candidate will work closely with the R&D team, supporting ongoing research and development activities within the organisation.
We are looking for a hands-on engineer with a positive attitude and excellent communication skills who can work with a diverse team of like-minded individuals who share a passion for sustainability.
- Responsible for the start-to-finish design of manufacturing equipment.
- Design and implement equipment modifications to improve safety, reliability, and performance.
- Troubleshoot and resolve equipment failure and performance issues.
- Develop and maintain process documentation.
- Assist the engineering team with R&D activities.
Skills & Requirements:
- Degree in mechanical engineering or a closely related discipline.
- Previous experience working with CAD packages (Inventor, AutoCAD, SolidWorks, CATIA, CREO, OnShape or similar) is essential.
- Previous experience in mechanical engineering or industrial design, and exposure to a material handling, production, or processing environment would be highly advantageous.
- Some knowledge in fluid, thermal, pumping, and electromechanical actuation equipment specification.
- Comfortable using research, analytical, conceptual, and planning skills, particularly those in mathematical modelling and computer-aided design.
- Familiarity with applicable Engineering Standards, SOPs, H&S regulations, and CE/UKCE marking process.
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000
Benefits: 28 Days + Bank holidays, up to 15% bonus, company pension contribution NEST, training & and development opportunities.
Role: Full-time, permanent
Cranleigh STEM & Sustainability is committed to promoting equality of opportunity, celebrating, and valuing diversity, and eliminating any form of unlawful discrimination across our workforce, ensuring our people are truly representative of the communities we serve. All individuals regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation are encouraged to apply for this post. As an inclusive employment agency, we are here to support you. If you have any special requirements to help you with your application, email our team.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7777
- Posted: 18th May 2023
- Expires: 15th June 2023