A market-leading materials testing business based in Leatherhead is recruiting a Materials Technician to join its distribution testing team on a permanent basis. As a Materials Technician, you will play an important role in providing efficient physical testing services on a range of materials - to ensure they meet customer requirements.
Materials Technician responsibilities
- Develop laboratory worksheets on routine testing to enable efficient testing in accordance with test objectives, work programme and timeframe outlined in quotes/proposals, and in accordance with the quality standards required.
- Basic understanding of underlying scientific principles to deliver high-quality and efficient testing. Develops solutions to routine testing technical and equipment-based problems.
- Communicate directly with clients and suppliers on routine testing and equipment matters. Hosts clients on-site for routine testing activities.
- Records clear, concise, and accurate testing data and results utilising lab worksheets.
- Communicate with and supports project managers throughout the project process and support project managers with the development of reports. Provides clarity on results and issues arising during testing. Reviews reports before they are issued to clients to ensure reports reflect the outcomes observed in the lab.
- Undertake sample handling and laboratory housekeeping activities, and equipment maintenance and repair.
Materials Technician requirements
- Degree qualification in an engineering discipline (ideally mechanical) or Physics.
- Excellent attitude to solving problems and working collaboratively with cross-functional departments.
- Excellent communication skills - with the ability to speak with customers/clients.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
£22k-£24k + excellent company benefits
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7731
- Posted: 18th May 2023
- Expires: 15th June 2023