We are currently looking for a Senior Protein Scientist to join a leading Biotechnology company based in the London area focused on creating a sustainable Biomanufacturing industry through the development of a protein based platform. As the Senior Protein Scientist you will be responsible for the design, expression and purification of Recombinant Enzymes and Proteins.
You will collaborate internally and work on high-priority projects to allow further research and development into this novel platform aimed at improving enzyme yield and activity across of range of industries utilising Biocatalysis. You will also supervise and manage the day-to-day workflow of junior team members.
This role will suit an experience Protein Biochemist with experience of Bacterial expression systems that is looking for a fast-paced Biotech start-up focused on creating a sustainable Biomanufacturing industry who is also interested in gaining management experience.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Senior Protein Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Design, lead and troubleshoot Protein and Enzyme expression and purification projects where you will support junior members of the team and also deputies for the Group Leader as SME and Technical specialist.
2. Design complex DNA constructs for cloning and expression within Bacterial expression systems (e.g. E.Coli) as well as the purification and characterisation of recombinant proteins and enzymes.
3. Line Manage junior Protein Scientists as well as having responsibility for the writing of SOPs and project plans and keeping up-to-date with new develops for protein expression.
4. Utilise a range of analytical techniques to assess purified proteins. Techniques include but not limited to SDS-Page and enzymatic assays.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Protein Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant PhD in Biochemistry or related field as well as industry experience within Protein sciences where you have ideally lead Bacterial Expression projects.
2. Proven industry experience in DNA Cloning methods (both traditional and scarless) as well as recombinant protein expression within E.coli where you have experience of troubleshooting (e.g. yield, Toxicity and solubility issues.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with Protein characterisation and Enzymatic assessment is ideal.
Key Words: Recombinant Protein | Enzyme | Enzymatic | Biocatalysis | Protein Expression | E.coli | Bacterial Expression | Protein Purification | Protein Characterisation | Senior Scientist
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Reference: J5637711
Website: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 17th May 2023
- Expires: 14th June 2023