A world leading materials and coatings company is looking for a new supply chain technician to join their fast-growing team. You will have the opportunity to develop and learn to manage the stock levels of both finished and raw goods and materials. You will also analyse trends, order, and manage stocks appropriately and find opportunities to improve efficiencies. The successful candidate will require an engineering, mathematical or scientific degree.
You will have the opportunity to learn and develop your skills within a commercial role. Along with gaining exciting experience in a world leading company.
- To plan and execute the manufacturing requirements within various departments.
- To monitor, analyse and manipulate the ERP system to understand usage trends and assess future demands.
- To understand the limitations, strengths, and weaknesses of each production area to plan efficiently.
- To translate the needs of the production plan using MRP into raw material requirements.
- To place and chase purchase orders for raw materials and consumables.
- To build strong business-relationships with suppliers and other external entities.
- To give constant reliable feedback to the customer service team about product availability.
- To work closely with the rest of the supply chain and marketing to understand market trends and upcoming changes.
- To work closely with marketing on new product development.
- Other administrative tasks.
- An Engineering, Mathematical or Scientific background.
- A degree qualification in a relatable field.
- Experience within Supply Chain is not essential but would be beneficial.
- Self-motivation and a sincere, enthusiastic approach are essential.
- A problem-solving mindset is essential.
- Rigorous organisation skills are essential.
- Advanced Excel skills while not essential will be expected to learn quickly.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7672
- Posted: 17th May 2023
- Expires: 14th June 2023