CK Group are recruiting for a Health & Safety Officer on behalf of a growing Cell Therapy CDMO to be based at their site in Cambridge on a part time, permanent basis.
About the Company:
Our client is based in state of the art facilities for multi-product GMP manufacturing. They support the development of breakthrough therapies for a globally diverse market and are at the forefront of revolutionary medicine. They have an established eQMS and LIMS system, and their facilities include GMP research lab space and process development suites, GMP manufacturing suites, QC lab space and cryogenic storage. They are currently undergoing an extensive period of growth and development.
They are within easy commuting distance from Cambridge City Centre, and with excellent transport links to Central London.
About the Role:
The Health & Safety Officer will be responsible for developing and implementing health and safety policies, procedures, and training programs for staff. They will be the first point of contact for any Health and Safety matters and will advise the senior management team on the latest regulations and best practices in health and safety, ensuring that all company processes comply with relevant laws and guidelines.
This position is a part time role, 22.5 hrs per week with flexibility on when these hours are worked.
Health & Safety Officer Responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for liaising with relevant departments to conduct risk assessments and audits to identify potential hazards, implementing control measures to manage these hazards,
- Provide technical advice and guidance to employees to promote safe working practices.
- Responsible for assisting departments with investigating any health and safety incidents, accidents or near misses, reporting on the outcome of these events and recommending corrective actions.
To be considered for this position you should have the following skills and experience:
- NEBOSH certificate working towards NEBOSH Diploma
- 3-5 years experience of health and safety in a laboratory setting
- Ability to assess complex situations and make decisions quickly, often under pressure
- Ability to work autonomously
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 55540 in all correspondence.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Reference: 55540
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 16th May 2023
- Expires: 13th June 2023