A venture-backed biotechnology company has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Enzyme Assay Scientist to join its team. This is a pivotal role in their Assay group where you will be responsible for providing essential analytical chemistry and enzyme assay knowledge - enabling rapid development of assays.
Senior Enzyme Assay Scientist responsibilities
- Develop, validate, and troubleshoot enzyme reactions, reporting progress through lab reports (ELN) and presentations.
- Generate quantitative scientific data that is accurate and precise.
- Make significant contributions towards the technical direction of the Assay Team by supporting our Assay Group Lead in the creation of technical roadmaps and monthly OKRs.
- Support the Assay Team's automation requirements alongside the in-house Automation Team whilst bringing your own insights.
- Bolster and help improve assay development and validation processes whilst moving towards FAIR (findable, accessible, interoperable, reliable) data.
- Support the Data Team to capture key results that adhere to FAIR data principles and automate their analysis where possible.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all SOPs internal/external reports at a high standard.
- Leverage your experience to train team members and guide the know-how of the wider team regarding assay development, validation, and best practice.
Senior Enzyme Assay Scientist requirements
- Degree level qualification (ideally PhD) in a biological or chemistry discipline.
- Experience in developing and executing enzyme assays in industry or as a Postdoc.
- Hands-on HPLC and plate reader experience and troubleshooting.
- Experience as a people manager, enhancing the growth of others (supervising the research of PhD students does not count).
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills.
£50k-£60k + excellent company benefits inc. share plan, development budget and enhanced leave.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7726
- Posted: 16th May 2023
- Expires: 13th June 2023