CK Group are recruiting for a Senior Scientist (Immobilization) to join a biotechnology company based in London on a permanent basis.
Our client is on a mission to transform industrial chemical processes using cell-free biomanufacturing to empower users with the world?s most advanced, flexible and easily-scalable biocatalyst platform.
Salary between £50,000-£60,000 depending on experience, plus benefits including 23 days holiday plus bank holidays and stock options plan.
As a Senior Scientist, you will work to immobilize enzymes to maximise their reaction potential using our clients core technology. You?ll have a good understanding of how to handle, measure and characterise immobilized enzymes, alongside a positive attitude to get results to make data-led decisions.
What you'll be doing:
- Independently setup, analyse and troubleshoot enzyme immobilization experiments.
- Generate quantitative scientific data that is accurate and precise.
- Ensure the high standard and timely reporting of all SOPs and internal/external reports.
- Leverage your experience to train team members and guide the know-how of the wider team regarding enzyme immobilization and their characterisation.
- Lead project based work, which include their technical and operational management.
- Lead your fellow scientists and be instrumental in their personal and professional development.
The successful candidate for this position will have:
- 4-5 years? experience in an enzyme immobilization environment in industry or as a Postdoc.
- Experience leading projects and small teams with multiple stakeholders and scientists.
- Comfortable executing enzymatic assays and interpreting their results.
- Experience as a people manager, enhancing the growth of others (supervising the research of PhD students does not count).
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 55533 in all correspondence.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Reference: 55533
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 15th May 2023
- Expires: 12th June 2023