CK Group are recruiting for a Senior Protein Scientist to join a biotechnology company based in London on a permanent basis.
Our client is on a mission to transform industrial chemical processes using cell-free biomanufacturing to empower users with the world?s most advanced, flexible and easily-scalable biocatalyst platform.
Salary between £50,000-£60,000 depending on experience, plus benefits including 23 days holiday plus bank holidays and stock options plan.
As a Senior Protein Scientist you will design and identify the best permutations of enzymes required to demonstrate the full potential of our clients enzyme immobilization technology. Your day-to-day may involve enzyme design, cloning, protein expression, enzyme characterisation using assays and general biochemical methods, project management and leading others.
What you'll be doing:
- Perform and troubleshoot experiments independently, supporting others to do the same.
- Design DNA constructs for cloning and expression of recombinant enzymes.
- Lead protein expression across a range of scales (1mL microwell - 500mL shake flasks).
- Characterise enzymes and proteins using established biochemical and/or enzymatic assays, participating in the assay development process where needed.
- Generate quantitative scientific data that is accurate and precise.
The successful candidate for this position will have:
- Experience in microbial enzyme expression and characterisation in industry or as a Postdoc.
- Experience with traditional and/or scarless DNA cloning methods.
- Experience with recombinant protein expression in E. coli and troubleshooting difficult expressions (yield, toxicity, solubility issues).
- Comfortable executing enzymatic assays and interpreting their results.
- Experience with basic bioinformatics tools for the analysis of protein sequences and structure (BLAST searches, multiple sequence alignment, Pymol).
- Experience as a people manager, enhancing the growth of others (supervising the research of PhD students does not count)
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 55532 in all correspondence.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Reference: 55532
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 15th May 2023
- Expires: 12th June 2023