Are you an expert within QC microbiology in a pharmaceutical/ biopharmaceutical company? Do you have experience supervising or mentoring a QC microbiology team?
SRG are supporting a business who provide key services to the biopharma industry by creating enzymes and other protein based products. These products go on to support pharmaceutical, IVD and clinical chemistry around the world and have a huge impact across the industry.
This is a brilliant opportunity for a QC Microbiology supervisor who is looking to be a key part of a company who are under-going huge growth whilst maintaining a real family feel. You will be joining a company dedicated to future thinking, with a new facility, constantly evolving services to clients. The business is also keen to reduce its impact on the environment, and does this by making its own water, and produces electricity on site, reducing its overall environmental impact.
- Act as site lead for the QC Microbiology team, and work alongside production with any investigations, etc
- Planning of Microbiology team activities
- Authoring and approval of Out of Specification investigations and Deviations
- Lead complex cross functional root cause analysis investigations
- Environmental monitoring of clean rooms, purified water, Pure steam, and compressed air systems
- Perform Sterility and microbiological testing of products, including identification when required to support root cause analysis activities
- Observe and comply with Good Laboratory Practice (GLP)/Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP)
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A relevant degree (or any other higher education) in bioscience / biological related fields.
- Excellent understanding and industry experience of QC Microbiology processes ideally related to proteins and enzymes.
- Extensive hands-on experience in QC Microbiology with some supervisory experience.
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience within GMP or similar standards will be advantageous
- A solution orientated mindset, able to apply technical knowledge to creatively problem solve for the desired outcome.
Why work for this business?
- Brand new facilities and state of the art equipment
- Excellent benefits, including private medical, up to 10% matching pension and lots more
- Relocation support for moving to Kent
- Huge focus on corporate social responsibility including 5 paid days off per year for non-profit work and lots of environmental and CSR opportunities
- Lots of long-serving staff members
- Relocation support for the right candidates
To find out more about these fantastic opportunities or the other opportunities within R&D, or Tech Transfer please get in touch with Amelia Rose at SRG.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: BBBH121439
- Posted: 15th May 2023
- Expires: 12th June 2023