About Senior Research Scientist role
CatSci’s purpose is to get new medicines into the hands of patients in needs. Join us as a Senior Research Scientist and help us to achieve it.
Based in Cardiff, UK, CatSci Ltd is an innovation partner specialising in pharmaceutical process research and development. CatSci Ltd has extensive knowledge and expertise in a wide range of chemistry from discovery support through to full scale manufacturing and life-cycle management.
We pride ourselves on creating an environment where all our employees can flourish. As part of our team, you’ll thrive on a culture of continuous improvement and always be encouraged to be the best version of yourself. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger.
Your Impact as Senior Research Scientist
You will be responsible for the design, execution, analysis, documentation and interpretation of screenings and optimisations to fast deliver optimal and scalable solutions for chemical transformation, including catalytic reactions.
- Carrying out multi-step synthesis, isolation, purification, and characterisation of small organic compounds
- Designing efficient routes to target molecules of a wide range of complexity by applying modern synthetic methods
- Developing new processes for our clients
- Conducting literature searching for designing synthetic routes, problem solve synthetic issues
- Presenting cross-functional research at departmental and project team meetings
- Performs scale-up of key intermediates and compounds
- Delivering chemistry programmes to cost, quality and time demands
Requirements for Senior Research Scientist
- Ideally, a Postgraduate Degree in chemistry with experience in the industry; however, the post-doctoral only experience will be considered
- Detailed understanding of organic synthesis, scale-up and process chemistry
- Expertise in the use of practical synthetic chemistry techniques
- Experience in the application of homogenous catalysis (desirable)
- The ability to employ analytical tools, computational and statistical methodology and automated laboratory technologies to enhance process development efficiency is desirable
- Excellent task management and communication skills
- Competitive salary: £38,000- £43,000 per annum (depending on experience)
- 25 days annual leave + 8 days bank holiday + 2 charity days
- Company benefits
- Annual bonus
- Company's pension
- Wellbeing Program
- Death in service cover
- Flexible working arrangements (subject to prior agreement)
- Learning and Development opportunities
*As an equal opportunities employer, we will provide reasonable support to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. If you require any adjustments in order to attend/ perform in the interview, please do not hesitate to let us know.
- Employer: CatSci Ltd.
Website: CatSci Ltd.
- Updated: 15th May 2023
- Expires: 12th June 2023