CK Group are recruiting for a Formulation Chemist to join a manufacturing company in the chemical industry at their site based near Barnsley on a full time, permanent basis.
Our client is a family-owned business who are world leaders in the manufacture and supply of coatings and other products. They have recently had a large investment into a new lab and due to expansion are looking for an experienced Formulation Chemist to join the team. The successful candidate will play a key role in new product development and progressing project work, as well as carrying out routine testing and material analysis. You will work on the formulation and development of a wide range of coating products. The role will primarily involve working on a diverse portfolio of formulated refractory coatings and forging lubricants for the metal forming industry but may include other product groups such as carbon materials for energy storage, friction applications, and supply into the steel industry. This is an exciting opportunity to join the growing technical department in a dynamic and future-oriented working environment. The company offers a salary in the range of £25,000 - £35,000pa depending on experience as well as 25 days holiday, pension, discretionary bonus, life assurance, subsidised canteen and an early finish on a Friday.
Your main duties will be to:
- Develop formulations for the refractory coating and forging lubricant industries
- Manage new product development from concept through to product launch
- Test products and raw materials using a wide range of analytical techniques e.g., XRD, SEM, TGA, DSC, BET, rheological behaviour, and particle size analysis
- Attend customer trials and provide technical support
- Work closely with QC and Operations to oversee manufacture of new developments and solve any issues on plant
- Carry out COSHH assessments and maintain appropriate records
- General maintenance of laboratory areas and equipment
- Overseas travel, including customer technical visits, trials, and conference attendance
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Degree or equivalent in Chemistry or Material Science - essential
- Proven industrial experience of working in coating formulation and development
- Formulating skills gained in the paints, inks and/ or cosmetics sector
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate with both internal and external individuals at all levels
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 55509 in all correspondence.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Reference: 55509
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 12th May 2023
- Expires: 9th June 2023