A globally recognised energy storage business based in Guildford is currently recruiting for a Senior Scientist - MEA to join and lead their established Membrane Electrode Assemblies (MEA) team on a permanent basis. As Senior Scientist - MEA, you will take part in various activities including scale-up of energy storage technology, research and development of novel ink formulations applied into fuel cells and testing commercial membranes.
This role will ideally suit a PhD level qualified candidate, possessing proven experience gained in a commercial R&D environment - electrochemistry/polymer R&D/fuel cell technology/battery technology/materials science.
Senior Scientist - MEA responsibilities
Lead MEA durability and failure analysis work within the group
- Measure durability and establish failure modes for commercial and prototype MEAs
* Develop robust methods and processes for durability and failure analysis of MEAs
* Work across multiple projects to advise and improve team's knowledge of durability
* Research and develop an understanding of how MEAs fail during operation
* Actively engage with all H&S policies and guidance, especially for laboratory work - including completing COSHH and risk assessments as required.
* Design experiments following standard scientific practises.
* Produce test plans and test reports and analyse data to a high standard for all experimental work
Senior Scientist - MEA requirements
- Degree level (ideally PhD) qualification in materials science, chemistry, or chemical engineering - focusing on key areas of study including polymers, catalysts and energy storage.
- Experience working on MEA (membrane electrode assemblies) durability in fuel cells/electrolysers or batteries.
- Demonstratable knowledge and experience of materials science.
- Proven experience operating within a commercial R&D chemical laboratory.
- Experience of supervising more junior team members
- Experience planning and designing experiments.
- Excellent communication skills.
Senior Scientist/MEA/Fuel Cells/Ink Formulation/Chemistry/Materials Science
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7234
- Posted: 12th May 2023
- Expires: 9th June 2023