A leading organisation in the clean energy sector is looking for a quality technician to join its manufacturing team on a permanent, full-time basis.
The Company has entered an exciting growth phase and is scaling up its operational capacity to meet the demand for its zero-emission systems. We are looking for enthusiastic and industrious Engineers to help deliver the company's long-term success.
The quality control technician is responsible for ensuring that parts as well as semi-finished products, which pass through his/her control, are inspected, and handled in accordance with company operating standards.
Quality Technician Responsibilities:
- Develop (in collaboration with the Quality Manager) and maintain inspection reports.
- Maintain calibration of quality control equipment
- Perform inspections across all stages of manufacturing process in accordance with the standard operational procedures.
- Prepare and maintain test data for review.
- Evaluate data and draft reports, noting any relevant deviations from existing standards.
- Identify areas for quality control improvement and implement new methods accordingly.
- Work with Manufacturing Engineers and Quality Manager to determine most practicable criteria and methods to ensure quality of the product.
- Communicate quality or compliance concerns to the Quality Manager with urgency.
- Collect data and provide statistical information to Quality Manager.
- React to day-to-day problems associated with the operation of his/her responsibilities.
- Undertake and complete additional tasks, as assigned by the Quality Manager.
Skills & Requirements:
- Proficiency with engineering measurement tools such as Vernier/calliper, micrometer, height gauge, and coordinate measuring machine.
- Previous experience in inspection and/or production would be highly advantageous but not essential.
- Ability to read engineering drawings.
- Computer literacy; Familiarity with Microsoft applications: Excel (preferred) and Outlook (essential)
Salary: £25,000 - £28,000
Benefits: 25 Days + Bank Holidays, Remote Working, Flexitime, Sick Pay, Pension, Life insurance scheme, Private medical expenses insurance scheme, Company's Share Option Scheme.
Location: Cranleigh, Surrey
Role: Full-time, permanent
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7721
- Posted: 12th May 2023
- Expires: 9th June 2023