An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Graduate Development Chemist to join a market leader in building products and chemicals responsible for leading NPD projects from the initial idea through to implementation in production.
The successful candidate should hold a minimum of a degree in Chemistry or a related subject and will ideally have knowledge and experience in building products polymers or industrial chemicals.
- Lead new product development projects from the initial idea through to implementation in production.
- Devise and carry out experiments that assist in the above product development.
- Assist in the general running of the laboratory.
- Liaise and inform potential customers on the application and use of existing and newly developed products in the waterproofing area.
- Supply operational technical support to other departments within the company.
- Keep up to date on technical advances by attending appropriate conferences and exhibitions.
Knowledge and experience required:
- Minimum bachelor's degree in chemistry or related field.
- Interest or experience in polymers or industrial chemicals.
- Knowledge and experience of silicones siloxanes polymer lattices or cement/lime-based binders would be beneficial.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Good time management skills.
- Must be methodical, organised and show attention to detail.
- A flexible positive and willing attitude.
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000
Benefits: 23 days holiday + banks, sick pay, annual discretionary bonus, group life assurance, on-site parking, job-specific training and support, employee wellbeing support services, and company social events.
Location: Horsham, West Sussex
Role: Full-time, permanent
Cranleigh STEM & Sustainability is committed to promoting equality of opportunity, celebrating, and valuing diversity, and eliminating any form of unlawful discrimination across our workforce, ensuring our people are truly representative of the communities we serve. All individuals regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation are encouraged to apply for this post. As an inclusive employment agency, we are here to support you. If you have any special requirements to help you with your application, email our team.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 8713
- Posted: 11th May 2023
- Expires: 8th June 2023