A global leader in the speciality chemical industry is currently recruiting for a Senior R&D Engineer to join its powertrain division based in Berkshire. As Senior R&D Engineer, you will provide technical leadership on complex research projects whilst also acting as the engineering specialist when it comes to the design & development of powertrain systems.
Senior R&D Engineer responsibilities
- Manage engineering activities to meet established project objectives. Effective use and leadership of the Product Development Process. Designs approach, test plans, and milestones to project completion.
- Evaluates and interpret data, performance, and deliverables. Provides recommendations to R&D and stakeholders regarding results, deliverables, progress, and challenges. Identifies and eliminates hurdles to successful project completion.
- Leads technical and/or project reviews and presents findings as appropriate. Engages with assigned teams and cross-functional stakeholders, such as business, process, and marketing.
- Complete complex simulations, in-depth engineering analysis and interpretation and provide a detailed and accurate assessment to the customer in a timely manner.
- Lead or direct special research projects independently. Identify and drive new problem-solving approaches leveraging engineering first principles based on industry tools/methodologies modified for PA business.
- Participate in IP activities as required, including competitor reviews, freedom-to-practice assessments, patent filings, invention disclosures, etc.
Senior R&D Engineer requirements
- PhD level qualification in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering (or similar).
- Expert level knowledge and understanding of specific engineering principles and application of those principles in a research and development environment.
- Relevant work experience in the design, development, and analysis of powertrain systems
- Management of a small team of scientists/engineers
- The ability to communicate information clearly and effectively in an engaging and convincing manner.
- The ability to manage tasks and activities and achieve their completion within the agreed framework, across regional and organizational boundaries
£Competitive + excellent company benefits.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7687
- Posted: 11th May 2023
- Expires: 8th June 2023