Do you have a strong understanding of making and scaling-up proteins via recombinant microbes, with a focus on upstream processing? Do you have supervisory experience within pharma/biopharma?
SRG are supporting a business who provide key services to the biopharma industry by creating enzymes and other protein based products. These products go on to support pharmaceutical, IVD and clinical chemistry around the world and have a huge impact across the industry.
This is a brilliant opportunity for a USP process development supervisor who is looking to be a key part of a company who are under-going huge growth whilst maintaining a real family feel. You will be joining a company dedicated to future thinking, with a new facility, constantly evolving services to clients. The business is also keen to reduce its impact on the environment, and does this by making its own water, and produces electricity on site, reducing its overall environmental impact.
- Enable the successful development, scale-up and transfer of new fermentation and upstream processes from R&D through to production.
- Support the completion of new client project proposals by working in conjunction with R&D staff to develop draft Process Outline documents from customer Request for Proposals (RFP's)
- Author departmental and Production User Requirement Specifications (URS') and SOP's for new equipment to facilitate training and standardise equipment cleaning, set-up and operation
- Train Production staff in new processes and procedures aligned to Process Support and Process Transfer activities
- Represent Technical Operations department as required in site operational meetings, e.g., Material Review Board (MRB), Site Quality Council (SQC)
- Complete manufacturing operations for existing and new products according to written procedures and general instructions in line with Current Good Development Practices (cGDP's) and Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP's)
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A relevant degree (or any other higher education) in bioscience / biological related fields.
- Excellent understanding and industry experience of the USP process for making proteins and enzymes.
- A complex understanding and industrial experience of microbial fermentation processes.
- Extensive hands-on experience in Tech Transfer ideally with some supervisory experience.
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience within GMP or similar standards will be advantageous
- A solution orientated mindset, able to apply technical knowledge to creatively problem solve for the desired outcome.
Why work for this business?
- Brand new facilities and state of the art equipment
- Excellent benefits, including private medical, up to 10% matching pension and lots more
- Relocation support for moving to Kent
- Huge focus on corporate social responsibility including 5 paid days off per year for non-profit work and lots of environmental and CSR opportunities
- Lots of long-serving staff members
- Relocation support for the right candidates
To find out more about these fantastic opportunities or the other opportunities within R&D, or Analytical Transfer please get in touch with Amelia Rose at SRG.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: BBBH123852
- Posted: 10th May 2023
- Expires: 7th June 2023