You will provide health, safety, and environment (HS&E) expertise to promote a positive corporate HS&E culture to ensure staff and third-party safety and devise and ensure continuous improvement of an integrated corporate HS&E strategy to reflect legislation, best practice, continuous improvement, and corporate standards.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Educated to minimum A level standard.
- NEBOSH National Diploma
- Prepared to work towards Chartered Membership (CMIOSH)
- Significant and demonstrable experience of working in a tactical H&S role either at a managerial or senior advisory level.
- Demonstrable experience of implementation and compliance with relevant ISO standards, particularly ISO 45001, 14001 and 9001.
- Deep understanding of risk assessment methodologies and continuous improvement techniques.
- Experienced at identifying and implementing innovative approaches to risk reduction.
- Demonstrable ability to set the vision and lead operational and strategic HS&E strategies.
- Experience of accident/incident reduction methodologies, investigations, and root-cause analysis.
- Experience of developing training matrices and delivering HS&E training
- Strong leadership, mentoring and influencing skills with ability to work collaboratively with internal and external HSE stakeholders.
- Experience of handling and communicating complex, sensitive and/or confidential information to a variety of stakeholders including senior management and third parties.
- EHEDG training and PUWER training/qualifications are desirable.
- Experience of working in a laboratory environment is highly desirable.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: BBBH128931
- Posted: 9th May 2023
- Expires: 6th June 2023