CK Group are recruiting for a Chemical Production Operator to join a speciality chemical manufacturing company based at their site in Cambridgeshire. This position is offered on an initial 12 month fixed-term contract.
This role will include a weekly rotating shift pattern: Monday ? Friday, 40 hrs per week. 6am-2pm, 2pm ? 10pm, 10pm - 6am.
The main purpose of the role will be to:
- Operate plant machinery following SOPs and in a safe and efficient manner maximising product output.
- Work as part of a team where necessary and ensure targets are met.
- Work with the team to maintain quality standards and maximise efficiency.
- Set up benches, check, weigh and add materials plus move batch materials physically where needed.
- Complete all batch related documentation accurately and handover to on-coming shifts.
- Work in a 'highly' organised production environment in line with 5S approach.
- Identify areas of improvement
Further responsibilities will include:
- Carrying out production work in a safe manner.
- Reporting any near misses, incidents and accidents in the production environment.
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Strong numerical ability with GCSE Maths and English or equivalent
- A Chemistry or a technical qualification would be advantageous.
- Ideally have experience in a Manufacturing process environment or the chemistry industry.
- Knowledge in Health and Safety with Manufacturing environment
- Computer literate
Competitive salary, defined pension contribution scheme, private health care, a guaranteed annual payment and a non- contractual incentive compensation after probation.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 55492 in all correspondence.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Reference: 55492
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 5th May 2023
- Expires: 2nd June 2023