STEM Consultant – R&D Tax Consultancy Services
Sector: STEM R&D grant applications
Our client are a financial consultancy who provide their clients within the Scientific and Technology sector with advice and support on R&D credits. This role will involve desk research to generate detailed technical/financial reports in support of the clients Research and Development activities to enable reimbursement of tax due on expenses. The role will involve working closely with clients who operate across STEM markets and carry out a range R&D activities in the UK. Clients will be mainly SME’s and you will be working with senior operational staff within those organisations to gather the information required to submit successful applications. It would suite a graduate with an interest in science, Engineering, IT or technology and somebody who favours working in the business of science rather than in a lab. The successful candidate will have excellent desk research skills, will be highly numerate with excellent attention to detail and will have strong communication skills (oral and written) and somebody who enjoys dealing with customers (often at a senior level).
Specific duties will involve:
- Liaising with the most innovative start-ups and scale ups in the UK, gaining a deep understanding of funding schemes and government funding options.
- Liaising with founders and directors of scientific & tech-start-ups to understand their technology advancements and funding challenges.
- To learn about accounting principles.
- Researching the market and keeping up to date with industry trends.
- Liaising with clients face-to-face, over the phone and in-person.
- Producing spreadsheets and written reports in a timely manner.
The successful candidate will be a confident, independent self-starter who loves finding new ways of engaging clients. You will have excellent verbal and written communication skills. A degree in science or engineering is essential (2:1 or higher preferred). In return, the company offers a generous salary, excellent benefits package, opportunities for career development and an excellent training program.
For additional information please contact Richard Taylor
- Agency: Taylorollinson
- Contact: Richard Taylor
- Posted: 5th May 2023
- Expires: 2nd June 2023