3 days in the office per week (Staffordshire)
Global Biotech Company - Global operations across Europe, USA, Canada, China and India
This will be the first Procurement hire for a very successful, rapidly growing and profitable Biotech company.
This position is forecasted to become the Head of Supply Chain within 18 months, if not sooner. This is a great opportunity if you're looking for career progression, new challenges using your experience to set up the Procurement side of the business.
The procurement specialist is responsible for finding goods and services for the company at the best value regarding quality and price. Additional duties of this position include assisting the analysis and preparation of contracts and working closely with upper management teams as well as outside vendors to meet project requirements.
The desired individual will possess the following qualifications:
• Master's degree in a related field preferred
• Proven experience working as a procurement specialist in the same area required
• Additional certification in the field of procurement desired
• Strong knowledge of the industry and market conditions
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Impeccable negotiation and critical thinking skills
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and rapport building
• Flexible to work long hours as demanded by projects
• Able to travel to meet vendors and suppliers as necessary
• Strong negotiating skills and the ability to present ideas to individuals or groups effectively.
• Must be an open, confident team player able to work with diverse personalities within an overlapping and growing hybrid sales model.
• Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, and Teams.
• Possess experience in a Continuous Improvement environment and able to demonstrate successes in this environment.
• Identify preferred and where required secondary suppliers of goods and services
• Negotiate terms with suppliers such as price, quality of goods, deadlines, expectations, etc.
• Liaise with suppliers and project managers regarding updates and details of goods
• Create purchase orders and tally these with supply requests and orders
• Analise invoices to ensure accuracy of goods delivered
• Monitor inventory to ensure the flow of goods remains positive
• Attend meetings with the legal department to ensure any contractual obligations are favourable to the company
• Work closely with the projects team to understand details of procurement requirements
• Build strong relationships with the Operations team and other senior leaders to influence resource allocation and optimisation.
• Develop and maintain key performance metrics and dashboards that drive the operational organisation regarding supplies of materials
• Establishment and execution of the Procurement Strategy, KPI’s, Metrics, and objectives in alignment with the Company Goals.
• Responsible for completion of appropriately assigned Continuous Improvement initiatives and communication to appropriate stakeholders
• Always represent the company in a professional manner to fellow employees and subordinates as well as distributors, customers, and shareholders
• Support to Supply Chain in terms of processing CAPA / Complaints in a ‘Rapid Response’ methodology.
• Support the Operational Team where required in the Strategic Projects and Engineering /Design Projects
• Responsible for the procurement strategy for material in the R&D phase, through design and transfer.
• 3-5 years previous experience in a Procurement environment
• Degree level would be advantageous but not essential
• Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, and Teams
• Qualified to Green or Black belt desired
Interviews being held W/c 20th March 2023
- Agency: Cpl Life Sciences
- Reference: JO-2302-510558
Website: Cpl Life Sciences
- Posted: 17th March 2023
- Expires: 14th April 2023