A venture-backed materials company based in Oxford is currently recruiting for a Research Technician to join its R&D team on a permanent basis. As a Materials Research Technician, you will play an important role in producing, processing, testing and characterising novel alloys.
Materials Research Technician responsibilities
- Work closely with engineers and technicians, ensuring that the work is carried out according to schedule and that technical challenges are quickly tackled.
- Produce, process, test and characterise novel alloys.
- Operating and maintaining laboratory equipment
- Communicating with engineers to understand their needs, scheduling, and performing work accordingly.
- Supporting the development of efficient work procedures
- Participating in the development of the company's in-house capabilities.
- Maintaining good health and safety practices
Materials Research Technician requirements
- Current experience operating in an R&D or production facility - carrying out test procedures on materials.
- A background in materials science or engineering is desirable.
- Hands-on attitude and willingness to learn new skill
- Organised and able to work independently, but also to collaborate with a diverse, fast-moving team
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Experience with mechanical testing (tension, hardness, fatigue, bending) is highly desirable.
£35-£40k + benefits
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7679
- Posted: 16th March 2023
- Expires: 13th April 2023