Scientist - Protein/Cell Engineering
SRG is delighted to be partnering with an exciting start-up biotech company based in the Cambridge area. They are currently looking for a highly motivated and experienced scientist to join the technology team where you will be contributing to the development of T cell derived therapeutics. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to work in a dynamic environment and rapidly expand their knowledge and skillset.
- Developing selection methods to engineer TCRs for enhanced function (affinity, specificity, developability).
- Evaluating and standardising high throughput cloning methods to be deployed in the discovery pipeline.
- Technology development and troubleshooting of additional methods and assays.
- Critically evaluating and sharing scientific advances from the literature.
- A PhD (or equivalent) in Cell Biology/Molecular Biology/Biotechnology or a similar discipline, with a strong molecular biology background
- Practical experience in common molecular biology techniques (DNA extraction, cloning, PCR)
- Practical laboratory experience working with mammalian cell lines (cell culture, transfection, protein purification)
- Experience with protein display techniques (e.g. yeast, phage and/or mammalian cell display, library construction)
- Hands-on experience with protein engineering techniques (expression vector construction, protein purification from cell culture, vector mutagenesis, SDS-PAGE and Western blot)
- Able to work in a team environment with good collaboration skills.
- Direct experience with genome editing techniques highly desirable.
- Experience in flow cytometry/sorter operation highly desirable
- Experience in generating stable cell lines
- Familiarity with techniques such as ELISA, HTRF, flow-based binding assays
If you are interested in discussing the role further, then please reach out to me at / 02039379660
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: BBBH126857
- Posted: 14th March 2023
- Expires: 11th April 2023