A growing diagnostics business offering both production and R&D services from its Berkshire facility requires a Senior R&D Scientist to join its team. They are creating a sub-team within the R&D function to focus on the application support and development of their diagnostic products. To be considered you must have significant commercial experience in developing and troubleshooting ELISA. You must be comfortable working on multiple projects and supporting junior team members.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing R&D team. There is long-term development potential with the opportunity to build your own team.
- Planning and conducting experiments including rapid response plans for assessing acute technical issues / customer complaints
- Taking ownership of projects with minimal guidance and in accordance with current SOP
- ELISA maintenance, development, and reagent testing
- Can apply the development process to non-ELISA projects as company need dictates
- Can design conjugation and purification processes as required during product development
- Review processes, procedures, and systems to improve workflow and reduce errors
- Processing and analysing results and data
- Presenting data to internal and external audiences
- Collaborating with individuals both within and outside the business to deliver projects on time
- Advising other departments on technical matters
- Contribute to weekly R&D meetings
- Able to suggest ways to improve assay performance
- Trained on conjugation procedures, and has knowledge to troubleshoot the process and support production issues in this manner
- Knowledge of various purification methods, how to apply them, and run the associated methods on Akta
- Able to design most appropriate method for antigen processing/purification
- Conduct performance reviews of Technicians
- Training and support of R&D technicians in running and interpretation of ELISA and assist them in designing and recording experiments
- Effectively manage multiple projects to delivery on-time, often under tight deadlines
- To act as deputy for the R&D manager as required
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Minimum of 5 years industrial experience within an R&D function.
- Design and development of ELISA essential.
- Experience in supporting and training junior members of staff.
- Experience in running and reporting of projects.
- Experience in planning, conducting, and analyzing experiments.
- Comfortable presenting data to a wide audience.
- Experience in animal health diagnostics and / or manufacturing support activities would be advantageous.
- Desirable Experience - Protein purification, conjugation, applications support, biostatistics, GxP and working within relevant regulatory frameworks.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7675
- Posted: 14th March 2023
- Expires: 11th April 2023